PORTO RESTAURANTS AND CAFÉS
Eating and Drinking in Porto
The Portuguese from other parts of Portugal will say that you'll eat well in Porto. By that they mean large portions and authentic cuisine,
and the city does have a few restaurants recognized as being among the country's best.
When anyone in town thinks about eating out, downtown is the natural destination, but the riverfront (Ribeira) has the most attractive setting. Its "Dom Tonho" is one of the city's most famous restaurants, and it has a second branch across the river in Cais de Gaia (home to a wide range of international choices).
Two of the most talked-about restaurants in the city are "DOP" and "Pedro Lemos" for the creativity of their chefs. But if you're simply looking for coffee or a refreshing drink, there are also several good choices for that -- in fact, "Cafe Majestic" is a stop you shouldn't miss.
See the links below for our selection of the best cafés and restaurants in Porto.
Porto's TOP 10 Restaurants
- THE YEATMAN - A Michelin-star menu with city views.
- PEDRO LEMOS - The signature dishes of a top chef.
- DOP - Contemporary Portuguese cuisine by a creative chef.
- BOOK - Mediterranean cuisine in a former bookstore.
- SESSENTA SETENTA - Acclaimed and refined contemporary cuisine.
- DOM TONHO - A landmark restaurant by the river.
- BB GOURMET BULL & BEAR - A fine gourmet experience.
- SHIS - Fusion food with ocean views.
- CAFEÍNA - A Porto classic that still surprises.
- FOZ VELHA - Refined cuisine in a centuries-old manor house.